December 21, 2010

Day one of my vacation


Monday - Day one of my vacation:

Ahhh... I wanted to do some Fair Isle knitting in more than just one color for the chart.  So this is my first real trial of following someone's chart and doing Fair Isle knitting to create more of a picture on something.  I did alter the chart slightly and learned a couple of things.  

This hat is for a baby just over 3 months old.

1.  I should try to stick close to the chart colors because my green is too pale.  It doesn't show the cute flowers with the white petals.

2.  I altered the chart up by the eye area.  The chart called for 2 colors, yellow and black.  I didn't want black where the sky should go so I used 3 colors of yarn to do the Fair Isle.  That was a first for me.

3.  I taught myself to do two handed color knitting.

If anyone is interested, I used US 8MM circular needles, US 8MM dpn's, CO was 63 stitches.  I created the hat pattern and have used the basic hat pattern several times now.  If I get enough feedback, I'll post the basic pattern.

I hope the picture is clickable.

Here is the link to the free chart that I used:  Sheep Chart

Donna

4 comments:

Anna said...

aah, how cute :)

Teri said...

Thats very cute... someday I will teach myself to knit. The only thing I can manage to do it cast on. Have a good vacation!!

Typstatting said...

Well done and that is a cute hat love the colours!

paula said...

This makes me want to start knitting more. ANy approximation of how long it took to finish?

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com