March 3, 2009

Lauren's Winter Love Afghan





Lauren C. from Southern NJ, who is a follower of this blog along with being one of the awesome testers of my patterns, rose to the challenge when I asked for you wonderful people to send me pictures of completed items or things you've made with patterns I've designed. She sent me these pictures of an afghan she is making using two patterns I've designed. She's using Fox's Revised Heart of a Child and Fox's Easy Snowflake squares.

Here's what Lauren has to say about her afghan:

I call it my Winter Love Afghan.

I'm using Vanna's Choice Cranberry, White & Dusty Green, and I am connecting the squares with the Flat Braid Method.

This was with your Easy Snowflake 7x7, and the Revised Heart of a Child patterns. (I 'revised' the Revised one slightly for my needs. I made the part around the top of the heart a bit more solid and I had to add an extra round of SC to the final round to make the stitch number match the Snowflake one to do the flat braid connecting.)

I can't wait to get it done! This blanket can be used from Thanksgiving clear through Valentines day!

And your patterns are great! I love how they've turned out.

WTG Lauren and thanks for your pictures!!! Please follow up with pictures when you complete your project and I'll show everyone your afghan again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com