April 12, 2009

Free: 12 x 12 Easter Day Square


Today is Easter and I wish you all a wonderful day. The poll closed here on the blog with the majority choosing for me to design a 12" x 12" square for the next free square. I hope you enjoy what I've designed. If you find any errors, please email me and I'll correct the pattern.

Red Heart Super Saver Medium Worsted 4 ply
Color A: Orchid
Color B: Lavender

Stitch marker: 1
Hook Size: I 5.50 MM
Size: 12” x 12”
Skill level: Advanced beginner

My Ravelry Store: http://www.ravelry.com/stores/smoothfox-crochet-designs
My Etsy Store: http://smoothfox.etsy.com/
My Crochet and Knit related gifts: http://zazzle.com/smoothfox*
My blog: http://smoothfoxlover.blogspot.com/

IF YOU CROCHET THIS ITEM - PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK AND ADD YOUR OWN PICTURES AS A PROJECT ON RAVELRY.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/free-smoothfoxs-easter-day-square-12-x-12

JUST CLICK ON THE CROCHET HOOK WITH THE WORDS “HOOK IT” NEAR THE TOP RIGHT SIDE AND THIS WILL ADD YOUR ITEM AS A PROJECT. THEN YOU CAN ADD THE PICTURES WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR PROJECT.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Using color A, ch 4 and join to make a ring or use the Magic Adjustable Ring (see http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/ under tutorials).

Round 1: Ch 3, 11 dc’s in ring. Join to top of beginning ch-3. (12 dc)

Round 2: Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next st, 2 dc’s in next st, ch-2, * (2 dc’s in next st, dc in next st, 2 dc’s in next st, ch-2) * repeat from * to * twice. Join to top of beginning ch-3 with a sl st. (20 dc)

Round 3: Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc’s n next st, ch-3, sk ch-2 sp, * (2 dc’s in next st, dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc’s in next st, ch-3, sk ch-2 sp) * repeat from * to * twice. Join to top of beginning ch-3 with a sl st. Finish off. (28 dc).

Round 4: Join color B with a sl st in any ch-3 corner, ch 3, 4 dc’s in same sp, ch 2, sk first 2 sts, 2 dc’s in next st, dc in next st, 2 dc’s in next st, sk last 2 sts, ch 2, * (5 dc’s in ch-3 sp, ch 2, sk first 2 sts, 2 dc’s in next st, dc in next st, 2 dc’s in next st, ch 2, sk last 2 sts) * repeat from * to * twice. Join to top of beginning ch-3 with a sl st. (40 dc)

Round 5: Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next 2 sts, insert stitch marker in the 2nd DC just made, dc in next st, 2 dc’s in next st, ch-2, sk ch-2 sp, * (2 dc’s in first st, dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc’s in last st, ch-2, sk ch-2 sp) * repeat around from * to *. Join to top of beginning ch-3 with a sl st. Finish off. (56 dc)

Round 6: Join color A in marked st with a sl st, remove stitch marker, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in same st, * ch 3, sk 3 sts, sk ch-2 sp, sc in first st, ch 3, sk 2 sts, sc in next st, ch 3, sk 2 sts, sc in last st, ch 3, sk ch-2 sp, sk 3 sts, ** (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in next st. * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch-3 with a sl st. (24 dc, 12 sc, 20 ch-3 sps)

Round 7: Sl st to corner, ch 4, (2 tr, ch 3, 3 tr) in same sp, * ch 1, 3 tr in first ch-3 sp, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 1 in next ch-3 sp) repeat once, 3 tr , ch 1 in last ch-3 sp, ** (3 tr, ch 3, 3 tr) in corner sp. * Repeat form * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch-4 with a sl st. Finish off. (48 tr, 48 dc)

STOP HERE IF YOU WANT AN 8” x 8” SQUARE

Round 8: Join color B in any corner with a sl st, ch 3 (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in corner, * (ch 1, sk 1 st, 3 dc’s in center dc, sk 1 st, sk ch-1 sp) repeat 5 times, ch 1, ** (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in corner. * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch-3 with a sl st. (96 dc)

Round 9: Sl st to corner, ch 3 (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in corner, * (ch 1, sk 1 st, 3 dc’s in center dc, sk 1 st) repeat 7 times, ch 1, ** (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in corner. * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch-3 with a sl st. (120 dc)

STOP HERE IF YOU WANT A 10” x 10” SQUARE
Round 10: Sl st to corner, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in corner, * sk 1 st, dc in next 2 sts, ch 1, sk ch-1 sp, dc in next 3 sts, ch 1, (sk ch-1 sp, dc in next 3 sts, ch 1) repeat 7 times, sk ch-1 sp, dc in next 2 sts, sk last st, ** (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in corner. * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to top of beginning ch-2 with a sl st. Finish off. (136 dc)

Round 11: Join color A with a sl st in any corner, ch 1, 3 sc in corner, sc in next st, * (ch 1, sk 1 st or ch-1 sp, sc in next st) repeat across to corner, ** (3 sc in corner). * Repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Join to beginning sc. Finish off. (100 sc)

Created by Donna Mason-Svara aka SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com ©2009

This pattern has not been tested. Please notify me of any pattern corrections. I will answer any and all questions you may have with the instructions. Do not plagiarize this pattern. All patterns are my original designs. Please do not re-sell my patterns or give them away for free or post my patterns on the internet. You may sell items you make from my patterns at craft fairs, fund raisers or custom orders for friends and family but please do not sell finished items on the internet without my written permission. Do not claim designs as your own.

This pattern is copyrighted by me and I give my permission for you to post pictures of items made from my pattern on your website if you will post a link back to my ETSY store if the pattern is for sale. If the pattern is free, please direct people to my blog. Be sure to list the name SmoothFox as the designer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really pretty. I can't wait to give it a try.

Bev

Mainely4Knitting said...

Great square! I love the 12" (I'm one that voted for more!) and I also needed 8" for some charity afghans I'm working on, as well as some for family. So, this square does all of it, thanks! I really appreciate you sharing your patterns!

Marie

Debbi-a1 said...

Great Square. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I'm working on a sampler square afghan and this will be perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hello; my name is Doris, I'm a disabled RN with
a disabled husband (stroke)--crochet lifts my spirits so much, I think I may be a crochetaholic! I found your blog via Ravelry; I was here once before some time ago, I cannot recall when, but your patterns are just lovely!
I do not think I signed up as a follower as I am not the most dependable person....I am not in good health and some days are bedridden, so I always fear that I might let someone else down if I cannot fulfill a promise (like to test a pattern for you) I've made.
I am so thankful for you and your website---I don't know how many other crocheters are also disabled and relatively homebound (I do get out on occasion and do still drive on my "better" days)---but for those of us who are---to find a bright and happy place like your website, and see the creativity you share so generously with others---well, it can make any day joyful!
Thanks so much, and all the best to you!
I will return again one day.
Take care,
Doris
doris_linzy@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, My name is Carolanne Perez and I belong to a grop online called Heartmade Blessings. I made this square using Red Heart's Super Saver in aran and burgundy. This square will be among the 12 that will be assembled to be sent out to someone who has a tumor in her lung. I will be using a lot of your squares and thank you for designing some beautiful squares. Whatever size your design is fine with me. I turn each one into a 12" square.
Carolanne

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com