January 3, 2011

SmoothFox's I Love You Hearts Knit Hat - Free Pattern

SmoothFox’s I Love You Hearts Knit Hat


Created by Donna Mason-Svara aka SmoothFox ©2011 Version 1.0

Hobby Lobby “I Love This Yarn!” 4 ply Medium Worsted
Color A: Pink
Color B: White

Needle Size: US 7 – 4.5 mm 16” circular needle
                    1 set of double-pointed needles, size US 7 – 4.5 mm

Skill level: Advanced Beginner
Gauge: 5 stitches and 5 Rounds to an inch
Size: Toddler/Child
Yarn Needle
Stitch Makers plus one as a beginning of round marker of different color

SPECIAL STITCHES:
For color stranding longer than 3 sts, please familiarize yourself with this video to avoid holes in your project. This is not my video. Here is a YouTube video with the instructions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B33SUeSwubE&feature=related

My Ravelry Store: http://www.ravelry.com/stores/smoothfox-crochet-designs
My Etsy Store: http://smoothfox.etsy.com/
My Crochet & Knit related gifts: http://zazzle.com/smoothfox*
My blog: http://smoothfoxlover.blogspot.com/

If you want a .pdf copy of this pattern with charts included or if you make this item – please click on this link and add your own pictures as a project on Ravelry. Just click on the crochet hook with the words “Hook It” if this is a crochet pattern or if it is a knit pattern click on the words “Cast On” near the top right side and this will add your item as a project. Then you can add the pictures when you have completed your project.

PATTERN LINK BELOW: 

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/free-smoothfoxs-i-love-you-hearts-knit-hat

INSTRUCTIONS:

Cast on 80 sts using color A, place marker to mark beginning of round, join stitches.

Round 1 thru 6: K2, P2 ribbing for 6 Rounds.

Round 7 thru 8: (color B) K80

CHART IS ONLY VISIBLE IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE PATTERN (SEE ABOVE)

Insert markers every 10 stitches on round 10

Round 9 thru 10: (color A) K80

Round 11: *(color A) K9, (color B) K1,* repeat from * around

Round 12: *(color B) K1, (color A) K7, (color B) K2* repeat from * around

Round 13: *(color B) K2, (color A) K5, (color B) K3* repeat from * around

Round 14 thru 15: *(color B) K3, (color A) K3, (color B) K4* repeat from * around

Round 16: *(color B) K2, (color A) K5, (color B) K2, (color A) K1* repeat from * around

Move markers to every 8 stitches on round 17

Round 17 thru 18: (color A) K80

Round 19: *(color B) K1, (color A) K7, (color B)* repeat from * around

Round 20: *(color B) K2, (color A) K5, (color B) K1* repeat from * around

Round 21 thru 22: *(color B) K3, (color A) K3, (color B) K2* repeat from * around

Round 23: *(color A) K1, (color B) K1, (color A) K5, (color B) K1* repeat from * around



Move markers to every 5 stitches on round 24


Round 24 thru 25: (color A) K80


Round 26: *(color A) K4, (color B) K1* repeat from * around

Round 27: *(color B) K1, (color A) K2, (color B) K2* repeat from * around

Round 28: *(color B) K1, (color A) K2, (color B) K1, (color A) K1* repeat from * around

Move markers to every 8 stitches on round 29

Round 29 thru 30: (color A) K80

DECREASE ROUNDS

Use color A for all decrease rounds

Round 1: (K6, K2tog) repeat around (70 sts remaining)

Round 2: Knit

Round 3: (K5, K2tog) repeat around (60 sts remaining)

Round 4: Knit

Round 5: (K4, K2tog) repeat around (50 sts remaining)

Round 6: Knit

Round 7: (K3, K2tog) repeat around (40 sts remaining)

Round 8: Knit

Round 9: (K2, K2tog) repeat around (30 sts remaining)

Round 10: Knit

Round 11: (K1, K2tog) repeat around (20 sts remaining)

Round 12: Knit

Round 13: K2tog, repeat around (10 sts remaining)

Round 14: K2tog, repeat around (5 sts remaining)

Cut yarn leaving a 8" tail. Using large eyed sewing needle run thread through remaining stitches and fasten off. Weave in ends and finish off.

Created by Donna Mason-Svara aka SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com 2011

This pattern has not been tested. Please notify me of any pattern corrections. I will answer any and all questions you may have with the instructions. Do not plagiarize this pattern. All patterns are my original designs. Please do not re-sell my patterns or give them away for free or post my patterns on the Internet. You may sell items you make from my patterns at craft fairs, fund raisers or custom orders for friends and family but please do not sell finished items on the internet without my written permission. Do not claim designs as your own.

This pattern is copyrighted by me and I give my permission for you to post pictures of items made from my pattern on your website if you will post a link back to my Ravelry store if the pattern is for sale. If the pattern is free, please direct people to my Blog. Be sure to list the name SmoothFox as the designer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you ! Aa a beginner knitter, this might be a little beyond my scope of learning. I am not sure about circular needles, but have taught myself ( thru the help of YouTube Videos etc.) the basic stitches etc. Perhaps I will come back to this pattern in a few months for knitting caps next winter..This is such a pretty cap !

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com