January 26, 2012

WINNERS - SmoothFox - Online Angels Charity Square Drive

$100.00 INDIVIDUAL WINNER -
KITTY JOHNSON -
SHE SENT 1,276 SQUARES AND EARNED 2,392 TOTAL POINTS
 

Hi Everyone!

I am thrilled to have won the SmoothFox - Online Angels Charity Contest. I didn't learn to crochet until I was 30. After making everyone I knew blankets I found a charity to send blankets to and also gave some to the church for their fund raiser. I stopped crocheting for several years. Having a break between careers I decided to pick up my crochet hook again. That's when I stumbled onto this blog and became totally "hooked" on Donna's patterns. Crocheting for Online Angels really helped me in between jobs. I'm so glad I could give back.

So, thank you Donna for your beautiful patterns that keep me crocheting and Mary for your great Charity Organization!

Kitty

$100.00 WINNING TEAM -
THREE STRANDS TOGETHER

THEY SENT IN 376 SQUARES AND EARNED 1,062 TOTAL POINTS

Our family has a number of talented crafters so last year we decided to start an Etsy store called Three Strands Together (http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThreeStrandsTogether) that would showcase lots of our hand-crafted items. Originally we were three strong, Donna, Kelly and Dawn and were lucky enough to have Stephanie join a few weeks later. Combined we have close to 75 years of crochet and knitting experience. We are geographically scattered, so we really enjoy being able to bond and admire each other’s work through our Etsy store. Initially we sent a lot of emails back and forth but soon decided maybe a blog would let us share some of what we were doing with the rest of the world. We launched our blog - http://threestrandstogether.blogspot.com/ on April 23, 2011. We post a lot about the projects we’re working on, book and product reviews, needlework events, or anything else we’re doing at the moment. It’s proven to be a great way to stay updated and share tips, tricks or discoveries with everyone.

Charity drives have always been part of our crafting and we’ve been donating hand-made hats, scarves and mittens to our local community for a couple of years now. As a family, we also make a large food donation to an area food bank and were able to do that a number of times last year. The Smooth Fox Charity Squares drive seemed like the perfect way to continue giving back our time and talents to a very worthy cause. We are proud to have been named the Team Winners.

Random Drawing Winners -
SHARON BUSCHETTE - $25.00 GIFT CARD 
My mom taught me the basics of crochet when I was a teenager.  Over the years I picked it up and put it down to one degree or another, but about 3 years ago, I picked it up again and it suddenly became a passion for me.  My favorite thing to make is afghans, and I usually have a couple of those on the hook at any one time.    Although I occasionally make something for a family member, nearly everything I make gets donated to the local county hospital - from there it goes to the homeless, people in need, shelters for abused women, or wherever they think it will be of most use.  The thing I am most grateful for regarding crochet though is that it has given me a closer relationship with my mom - we go yarn shopping together all the time and can sit and talk about about projects and patterns for hours at a time.  Crocheting has really been a blessing in my life.

CHRISTINE CLYBURN - Web Cam for chatting (donated by Lori Cheney)

I first learned how to crochet by my grandmother when I was 4 years old. Crocheting is a part of my life now and I find time every day, whether early in the morning or in the evening, to crochet for at least one hour. I only crochet for charity which I find very satisfying. I wish I had more time, and hands to make more hats, scarves, blankets, etc. for those in need.

Thank you,
Christine Clyburn

GLORIA SCOTT - Assortment of 5 skeins of a recent new line of yarn from Red Heart called "With Love" or a gift card.  She chose the Gift Card from Hobby Lobby

My name is Gloria Scott.  I have been crocheting for the past 40 years on and off.  I love to crochet for charities and just for fun.  I have taught many people of all ages to crochet and hopefully we will have more charity squares to do this year. I can't wait to see. The photo is of me and my grand daughter and my son..

Thank you .

Lavina Chaffin - Susan Bates crocheted tote bag, "F" hook, 3 Skeins of Fun Fur (donated by Lori Cheney)
I have notified Lavina that she is a random winner but have not heard from her yet.  She is dealing with a very difficult situation in her family and my prayers go out to her.

UPDATE: FROM LAVINA

I have been crocheting since I was a teenager. My sister taught me and we were the only ones who did any crafts. I learned to knit in the 1960 when a co-worker taught some of us during the lunch hour. I also sew, do bead work and try to quilt.




Enjoli Pruden-Roberts - Mystery Yarn Assortment grab bag or a
Gift Card

My name is Enjoli. I currently reside in St Petersburg, FL. I am a wife and a mother to two wonderful, crazy kids. I learned to crochet when I was in High School. I’ve crocheted on and off ever since but just recently got back into crocheting with a vengeance. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have a lot of free time on my hands and have turned to crocheting as a therapeutic hobby. In my search for new patterns to try, I came across Donna’s blog and saw that she was hosting a Squares for Charity drive. I have always thought about doing it but didn’t know how to get the information, so finding this was a wonderful discovery. Each square I have made, I made with love. I hope whomever was blessed to receive the blanket built with some of my squares likes them as much as I enjoyed making them. I look forward to doing future Squares for Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com