May 17, 2010

Testers Found - Fox's Brain Dead Easy Short Row Hat


UPDATE: TESTERS ARE - RHONDA, KARIN, AISHA, LEAH, LINDSEY, TINA, VIOLA, PAULA

I created the pattern for this hat when I was a teenager (alright that makes it ancient) and it may be simular to pictures I've seen but trust me. It's my version from about 1969.

When a Grandmother asked me to create 4 hats for her two cute grandchildren whose father was stationed in Afghanistan a couple of months ago, I went back in my memory to this pattern. It took me hours and hours and many ripping out of stitches to get it right.  Hence, brain dead was the name because my brain was simply fried when I finally got it just right.  Oh and this pattern makes it less full at the top so it is not as bunched when forming the top.   

If you want to be a tester, read the instructions below and let's get started! Remember, everyone who tests any of the patterns will have their picture of the completed tested item shown in the blog next to their name as a tester. So show off your talents. I'd really like it if when I put the pattern up on Ravelry, if each tester or person who works this pattern would add it as a project there so I can post a link to everyone who makes this items pictures.

1. Must be a follower of this blog and a subscriber. Not a follower yet? Sign up. Let me know your follower name.

2. Must be able to finish testing by Monday May 24th.

3. Must be able to send me a picture of your finished item attached to an email.

4. Must be able to send me errors of any kind you find in the pattern.

5. It'd be a plus but is not mandatory, if you were a member of Ravelry so you can add the project when the pattern opens up to everyone.

6. You can use whatever color of 4 ply medium worsted you'd like. MUST BE A STRETCHY YARN. So if you want to test, send me an email to the address below with your Follower name. Only the first 5 or so testers emailing me will receive the pattern to test.

Donna SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Molly Silfies said...

Name: Molly Found the blog on my Google reader page. Yes, I am a follower of this blog. Molly Silfies I've sent an email and would love to test the short row hat pattern! Thanks.

Unknown said...

Molly you can test the pattern but I didn't receive an email from you. Please send me an email directly to SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com

paula said...

First Name: Paula
How did I find your blog: froj your patterns on Ravelry
Followe:Yes . .that’s how Ifound this posting.

FOllower name: Hum . . to be honest, I can't remember. I think it is my name . .paula . .but it might be my Ravelry name (tavish) or another name I have used, Indy.

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com