October 10, 2010

SmoothFox's Baby Ball Square

Created by Donna Mason-Svara aka SmoothFox ©2010 Version 1.0

Hobby Lobby “I Love This Yarn!” 4 ply Medium Worsted
Color A: Pistache
Color B: Soft Blue
Color C: White

Hook Size: H - 8 - 5.00 MM
Skill level: Advanced Beginner
Size: 6” x 6”
Stitch Marker: 0
Yarn Needle

Special Stitches:
Changing yarn colors:
Work the double crochet stitch up to the last step, leaving two loops on the hook, drop old yarn color, YO with the new yarn and pull the new yarn through the two loops to complete the stitch. Do not cut old yarn until told to do so.

My Ravelry Store: http://www.ravelry.com/stores/smoothfox-crochet-designs
My Etsy Store: http://smoothfox.etsy.com/
My Crochet & Knit related gifts: http://zazzle.com/smoothfox*
My blog: http://smoothfoxlover.blogspot.com/

If you want a .pdf copy of this pattern or if you crochet this item – please click on this link and add your own pictures as a project on Ravelry. Just click on the crochet hook with the words “Hook It” near the top right side and this will add your item as a project. Then you can add the pictures when you have completed your project.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/free-smoothfoxs-baby-bally-square

INSTRUCTION’S:

Round 1: Using color A Ch 5, 11 dc in first ch, join with slip st to top of beg ch-5. (12 dc)

Round 2: Ch 3, dc in same st, *2 dc in next st, repeat from * around, join with slip st to beg dc. (24 dc)

Note: On Round 3 & Round 4 - work over unused yarn until needed.
Round 3: Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next st changing to color B, *2 dc in next st, dc in next st changing to color A, 2 dc in next st, dc in next st changing to color B, repeat from * around; join with slip st to top of beg ch-3. (36 dc)

Round 4: Continuing with color B Ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next 2 sts changing to color A, *2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts changing to color B, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts changing to color A, repeat from * around; join with slip st to top of beg ch-3. Finish off. (48 dc)

Round 5: Using color C join with a slip st in last dc of any color A grouping from Round 4, Ch 3, 2 dc in same st, ch 3, 3 dc in next st, *dc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next st, slip st in next 4 sts, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, **3 dc in next st, ch 3, 3 dc in next st,* repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once, join with slip st in top of beg ch-3. Finish off. (32 dc, 8 hdc, 8 sc, 16 slip sts, 4 ch-3 sps)

Round 6: Join color B in any corner with a slip st, ch 3, (2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in corner, *dc across to next corner, **(3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in corner,* repeat from * to * 2 times and from * to ** once. Finish off. (88 dc, 4 ch-3 sps)

Created by Donna Mason-Svara aka SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com 2010

This pattern has been tested. Please notify me of any pattern corrections. I will answer any and all questions you may have with the instructions. Do not plagiarize this pattern. All patterns are my original designs. Please do not re-sell my patterns or give them away for free or post my patterns on the Internet. You may sell items you make from my patterns at craft fairs, fund raisers or custom orders for friends and family but please do not sell finished items on the internet without my written permission. Do not claim designs as your own.

This pattern is copyrighted by me and I give my permission for you to post pictures of items made from my pattern on your website if you will post a link back to my ETSY store if the pattern is for sale. If the pattern is free, please direct people to my blog. Be sure to list the name SmoothFox as the designer.

2 comments:

Mary I said...

Hello!
Love your Square Patterns: classy and beautiful, and perfect (and perfectly portable) for the charitable projects I have in mind.

I'd be delighted to make one of each pattern and add SD to your list. I'm at mfminner@gmail.com (I'm guessing you'll tell me where to send them?)

Thanks!
~Mary I.

Kew said...

Thank you very much for this pattern! I am making a sampler afghan for my brother-in-law who wants it in his favourite football (soccer) team's colours. I spent hours online looking for a pattern for a football granny square - but couldn't find anything that was quite right. Eventually I found this and with a bit of adjustment it makes a good football square! I used black and white - and made the first round in black instead of colour 'a', then followed the pattern as stated. It came out well. I've used more garish colours than I would have chosen myself, for the edgings, but they are brother-in-law's team colours.

Just uploaded a photo of this to pinterest

http://pinterest.com/pin/384143043185512050/

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com