October 17, 2010
Testers Found - Fox's Diagonal Box Stitch 6x6
UPDATE: TESTERS ARE - MARY BETH, MARY R, GAYLE, EIRIAN, DENA, DEBORAH, MARIE ANGEL, CINDY, CASEY, LEAH, JENNIE, DEEDEE, GLORIA, STEPHANIE, KARIN
I saw this knit pattern on Ravelry and decided I just had to have it in crochet.
When I found the knit pattern I didn't know what kind of a stitch in crochet would make the same look. After a lot of tries, working things my own way I found there was a real stitch that could accomplish it in crochet. I tried to learn the Diagonal Box Stitch and other people may find that it is easy but I sure didn't. Once you get beyond the first three rows it is super easy. This is my version and is not an original pattern. I wrote it down on paper but there are a lot of people with the pattern for different sizes of squares etc.
I've included a link to a video and a link to step by step pictures if you are interested in testing this pattern. I have created a hooded blanket pattern using this stitch but you have to master this stitch before you can complete the blanket.
If you want to be a tester, read the instructions below and let's get started! Remember, everyone who tests any of the patterns will have their picture of the completed tested item shown in the blog next to their name as a tester. So show off your talents. I'd really like it if when I put the pattern up on Ravelry, if each tester or person who works this pattern would add it as a project there so I can post a link to everyone who makes this items pictures.
1. Must be a follower of this blog and a subscriber. Not a follower yet? Sign up. Let me know your follower name.
2. Must be able to finish testing by Friday October 22nd.
3. Must be able to send me a picture of your finished item attached to an email.
4. Must be able to send me errors of any kind you find in the pattern.
5. It'd be a plus but is not mandatory, if you were a member of Ravelry so you can add the project when the pattern opens up to everyone.
6. You can use whatever color(s) you want of 4 ply medium worsted. I'd like to see a variety of colorful squares. You can even use striping or varigated colors for the stripes.
If you want to test, send me an email to the address below with your Follower name. Only the first 7 or so testers emailing me will receive the pattern to test. Please don't post a comment that you'd like to test. I can't send a copy of the pattern to a "comment." You have to email me as it states. When I find enough testers I go back and change the title of this posting from Testers Wanted to Testers Found. Before emailing me, please go back and check this link to see if the title has been changed.