About a year ago, if not more, I made a blanket resembling the one above and posted it on the blog. I received many emails regarding the pattern. I hadn't written it down. Viola, one of my faithful testers finally convinced me that she wanted to make the blanket and wanted the pattern. So I finally wrote it down over the past weeks. The original was a nice light green and white. As I was working the pattern I can not tell you how many times I got ahead of myself while watching tv and had to rip out rounds left and right. So, having said that, if you have a lot of distractions, you will be ripping out many times. If you have a lot going on, you will be ripping out many times. The stitch counts must match exactly or the pattern will not work. You really have to pay attention so I'd say this is an Intermediate pattern. Beginners - don't ask to test the pattern.
1. Must be a follower of this blog and a subscriber.
2. Must be able to finish testing by Friday May 20, 2011
3. Must be able to send me a picture of your finished item attached to an email. People not following through and sending me a picture or not posting on Ravelry will no longer be able to test future patterns.
4. Must be able to send me errors of any kind you find in the pattern.
5. It is mandatory as of January 23, 2011 that all testers add their test projects on Ravelry after I post the link to the pattern. Once I post the pattern, you'll need to go back to Ravelry and link it to the proper pattern. If you posted your project ahead of time, it won't be linked to the pattern without using the exact name I called the pattern once it was posted. Anyway, believe me, I will be checking. If 10 people want to test, there should be 10 projects on Ravelry.
6. You can use whatever colors of yarn you'd like but the yarns should be 4 ply medium worsted weight. If you prefer a 3ply yarn, you will need to change the hook and your blanket will be a lot smaller. You will need 2 7oz skeins for the center color, 2 7oz skeins of the white and about 50 yards of a contrasting color. You will not use the entire amount of both skeins of each color but you will go over 1 skein and need partial amounts of the 2nd skeins. Don't ask to test if you want to use varigated or stripped yarn as it will distract and not show how pretty this blanket really is. I AM SERIOUS.
If you want to test, send me an email to the address below with your Follower name. Only the first people emailing me will receive the pattern to test. I respond to all requests. If you don't receive a response, send another email as your original email may have gone into spam.
Please don't post a comment that you'd like to test. I can't send a copy of the pattern to a "comment." You have to email me as it states. Don't send me a comment through the Google feed that you want to test. You must use the email address below.