February 14, 2009

Crochet Illusion Heart Scarf anyone? - Testers Found



UPDATE: TESTERS FOUND - THANK YOU
Most people have heard about knitting illusion or knitting shadow illusion. For those that don't know what it is, from just looking at the above piece straight on, all you see are stripes. When you look at it from an angle, it reveals a pattern.

Did you know that you can also do crochet illusion? Both pictures above are of a heart pattern done in Crochet Illusion. I'm out of the color Red so I used orange. I was thinking that this pattern when done over and over again would make a pretty scarf.

If you wanted to use different primary color yarns, you could alternate at the end of each repeat of the heart pattern. You'd have to work each half of the scarf separately and then slip stitch them together at the back of the neck area so that each half looks like the heart is going the correct way.

I'd prefer a couple of testers who really want to make a scarf. Not just the "square". Maybe there are a few of you who are in a scarf club or something like that. If you are interested in making a crochet illusion heart scarf - please email me at SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com with your Follower name. You'll need 2 contrasting colors of yarn and the ability to send me an emailed picture of your completed project.
Donna





1 comment:

earth_mother30 said...

That is GORGEOUS!! I'm not a knitter but had heard of the illusion knitting and wondered if was possible to do it w/ crocheting. I can't test this week though because I need to make an afghan asap for a friend who just found out her husband has gastric intestinal cancer and is NOT doing well. (if anyone wishes to send prayers to them, their name is Majorie and Dick, and thank you in advance).

Sandy

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com