August 17, 2010

Tara's Christmas Granny afghan


Tara sent me this picture of a beautiful afghan she made.  I was really amazed when I saw it.  When I created the pattern I had no idea that it wouldn't be worked in the colors that I had used in the pattern.  The free pattern is the Christmas Granny so I assumed people would work it using Christmas colors. 

As you can see, she made this refreshing afghan using non traditional colors. I guess I need to re-evaluate when I see a pattern in one color and try to envision it using different colors.  With that in mind, I'm going to design a square that is in my opinion uses ugly colors and we'll see what you all can do with it LOL.

Donna


5 comments:

Dottie said...

Donna,
Tara Done A Wonderful Job.I Think I Would Have Prefered Christmas Colors As Well But It Looks Great Just As It Is.
Dottie In Va

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see this "ugly colors" sq!
Susan

Deborah Misfit said...

I love it - unique! And I have used Christmas patterns also with different colors! So glad to have found your site!

MarieAnge said...

Love the blanket!
Interesting choice of colors and I could see this done in a lot of different colors. Job well done!

Also am waiting to see what this new "ugly" colours pattern will be.

Angel :)

Posy Linda said...

Well done Tara!

Post a Comment

Please post general comments for everyone to see however if your comment is regarding that you want to test a pattern or need me to fix an error in a pattern - do not leave a comment. Just send me an email instead.

SmoothFoxLover@yahoo.com